Did ya hear the wind last night? I don't know about you, but at our house, the power cut out around 7:15pm. The wind was blowing so hard we felt like we might just lift off like old Dorothy after all. Kevin and I were at a class (where we passed on the goodies, I might add) and when we got home, my Mom was here with the kids and the flashlights! My biggest worry was that I wouldn't be able to get my daily workout in this morning if the power stayed off. That, and that we might freeze to death in our beds!
So after writing for a while (I couldn't do much else...maybe a good thing) I decided I would brainstorm my options. I could do a walk outside and possibly lose a layer of skin to sandblasting, I could do a video....hmmm no power....., I could go to Aerobics (always a great option!), go to the gym right after dropping off Carter at school, or go to the gym later on when Kevin could watch the kids, or ask a friend to watch them while I went. Finally I started to feel like this was an opportunity for me to see solutions when things aren't going as planned, instead of problems.
The funny thing is that the power kicked on at 6:30am, right when I usually get up and start working out. Talk about heavenly intervention. But hey, I learned a little something in the meantime!
3 comments:
We were fine (no loss of power), but Barbara Scroggins told me at aerobics that the same thing happened to them. It was awful. Glad it has calmed down, and how lucky for you to get your workout in still...amazing. Where there is a will, there is a way!
Okay I have an inspirational quote for you from one of my favorite movies...A league of their Own...It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great! I also have a suggestion, go and get the powder slim fast drinks for when you are craving chocolate. If you use skim milk and drink it for lunch after a salad it is only 200 calories or 4 weight watcher points. Not bad for lunch and it curbs your chocolate craving for a little while. Another tip I have learned and this was especially when I was prego, don't let yourself get overly hungry because then you are looking for anything and everything and not thinking about trying to plan out a good meal but just getting something in your tummy. You are more likely to snack before a meal than after and it is the snacking that kills you most of the time when you are counting calories or points or whatever! Keep on kicking your doing great!
The wind was super wicked wasn't it! I wanted to tell you too, that I would like to sponsor pound 29. I'll be sending you a fun music CD to work out to. I thought it might give you a new boast for your half way mark! You are so great!!!
Post a Comment