Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where has she been?


I know you're wondering what happened to me, but the truth is, I had a major computer crisis and felt completely cut off from the world for three whole days. I know this is small in the whole scheme of things, but in my world it was big! I have been working out and stressing over being waylayed for a week and seeing my progress come to a halt. I so want to keep moving forward in this whole thing, but I realize that life is just that, life: full of stops, starts and weeks when everyone feels yucky.
I have been considering getting my thyroid checked (I heard this could be an issue for me) and I hesitate, because I really want my weight loss issues to be a matter of getting my butt in gear. I don't want some underlying issue to keep me out of the game. Nevertheless, I think it is wise to check it out and see what is happening there. If it's nothing, I'm all set to dig deeper.
Another item of business has been my diet. I have been doing alright, but I think it's time to tweak it again. Cutting back on sugar that week helped me a lot. I think if I tighten up a little bit more, I may be even more successful. My brain is working out a plan and I will present it at a future time. For now I am working on getting in several days of exercise for this week and eating wisely.
That's where I am, despite my computer drama. Hope you are all having a GREAT week!

1 comment:

Stephanie Collins said...

Losing weight just isn't easy. I've been at the gym a minimum of 4 days a week for an hour or more the last month, and have not lost one pound. I've lost a couple inches, but the scale isn't budging at all. I think our bodies have much more going on than we realize...and sometimes when we find something out, it helps push away the "plateau." Hang in there!