So I'm a few Kleenexes into my box, but feeling a little better, I think. Brooklyn decided to join the group of sickies last night. At midnight she woke up with a 103 fever. Needless to say we slept less than normal. My goal today is to get a nap and maybe squeeze in a walk somewhere. I am realizing more and more that being healthy is about making good choices everyday and rolling with the punches of life.
Today I've been doing so well! I'm surprised at myself. Usually, I rush out of the house to get the earliest possible appointment at the doctor (its an ear infection for Brooklyn - thanks Barbara for watching my kids!) and then end up eating fast food for breakfast and getting a sweet snack to reward myself for getting through the whole doctor ordeal in one piece. But this time I ate before we left and then resisted all enticements while wandering around waiting for our perscription. I think it was part heavenly intervention and part counscious avoidance of the food section at Target that saved me. Either way, I am learning that one derailment doesn't have to start a chain reaction. Let's keep this train on track!
1 comment:
Way to stay with it! I find when I've lost my extra pounds, it is so much easier to keep the course, I don't have to think so hard about eating healthier. Great job:)
Post a Comment