Saturday, March 22, 2008

What I'm reading on the 'mill....


I read while I am walking on the treadmill. If it's a great book, I just get swallowed up in the story and forget that I have 45 for minutes and my legs are tired. I'm done before I have a chance to get bored with the white wall in front of me. I thought I would just give a little rundown of what I'm reading each week, or whenever I finish a book, and then you can tell me what you're reading, or give me some good ideas of what would be great to read. This is one of the things I absolutely LOVE about the treadmill. I LOVE reading, and this gives me a whole hour to do it. It's a great thing!
This week I finished, "The Wednesday Letters" by Jason F. Wright. It was a great novel about a family who come together for the funeral of their mother and father. The three children have been apart for a few years, but in getting together they find that their father wrote love letters to his wife (their mother) every Wednesday for their entire married life, including the day they died in one another's arms. I love personal histories like the one uncovered by these kids. They find our some pretty amazing things about their parents and the marriage they had.
I loved this book and the personal history uncovered by the children. It gives such a touching insight into the love that this man had for his wife and children and the weaknesses that he had. It also made me think about the legacy I am leaving for my kids in my journals, and letters. And on the same note, what kind of messages I am sending to my spouse during his life. I mean, he gets to hear a lot of me venting, but does he ever get "love notes" telling him how amazing he is? It's something to think about.
If you have a chance to read this book, let me know what you thought. I'm on to "God Wants a Powerful People by Sheri Dew.

1 comment:

Perry Family said...

I would love to read that book! Sounds so great! I read only half of God wants a powerful people a couple of months ago...I need to finish it still. There is another good love story to suggest if you haven't read it already by Adriana Trigiani...I'll get the title later...