Last night after the men's basketball game, we all crowded into Baskin Robbins for a treat. I'm learning that I can still enjoy an occasional dessert without breaking the ole calorie bank. I chose what looked yummy and got a kid's sized scoop in a bowl. Later I went online to check out just what I had done. Only about 200 calories. BR, as well as many other eating establishments, post their nutrition info on their website. I've started looking ahead on menus and figuring out what would be the wisest choice for my goals. This is such a great tool. This circumvents the anxiety of sitting down to dinner somewhere and being tempted by all kinds of delicious entrees when you're hungry. I make up my mind before we head out and it makes eating sensibly a little more user friendly. :-)
In other great news: I weighed myself this morning (despite my determination to wait, I just had to see where I was at!!!) and to my satisfaction, I am down two more pounds. So now I have lost 5 pounds. I am feeling GREAT, working out an hour now (did that this morning) and upping my incline so that I'm now at 4.5. It's been an up and down week, but I got through it with a lot of help, heavenly intervention and support, and positive thinking. Thanks again to everyone who is cheering me on!
4 comments:
Good for you!! That is so exciting!! I have found that too, if I lan ahead I am way better than making my food desicions in the moment because for me I have no willpower!!:)
WOOT WOOT!! Keep it up, way to eat smart.
Congrats, you are doing great!!
congrats!! we still need to get together sometime!
Post a Comment