Many of you may not know that Kevin's mother passed away from breast cancer when he was in his late teens. Since then, I have had friends who have battled the disease, or at least been threatened by it, and I have always thought it would be awesome to be involved with the Race for the Cure. Heaven knows we need a cure; something to solve this terrible disease that takes the women we love and cherish from our lives way too soon!This goes right along with my efforts to be more active, and I want to invite all my Supergirl supporters to join me in the 5k walk (that's 3.2 miles) on Saturday, May 3, 2008. This is something all of us can do. We can all walk. We don't have to run, though you can if you are able and want to (the 5k run starts just before the walk) and if you don't feel like you can't do 3.2 miles, they have a 1 mile walk. The $25 goes to a great organization. Let me know what you think. Let's talk it up. It's much more fun to walk together than alone. I would love to have each of you walking with me!
If you're in, please check out this link: www.komensouthernnevada.org. or if you remember Michelle Joines from the Southern Highlands ward who fought her own battle with breast cancer and would like to join her "Southern Highlands Saints", go to this website: http://race.komensouthernnevada.org/site/TR/Race/General?team_id=13660&pg=team&fr_id=1030&et=E2ZAET3fURNQbpjwcy-tvw..&s_tafId=4710
We could do a "training" walk once a week for anyone wanting to get a feel for the 5k experience, or just do it once before the big day. I'm open to your feedback. And hey, a day wearing pink is better than any other day! Let's get walking!!
6 comments:
What an awesome idea!! I'm in!!
Sounds fun, I want to do it! Let me know what I need to do
I'm in! let me know what I need to do.
I did this two years ago, and it was great! It was a huge turn out, we were actually late b/c of all the traffic it created, but it was nice to be apart of something so noble. I would love to do it again!
I did the walk last year with my mother in law and the boys!! We loved it and signed up about a month ago. Maybe we can meet up and walk along with you girls :)
Hey count me in too! My mother in law told me about it on Sunday! It gives me something to get in shape for!!!
Post a Comment