Okay, I have at least six ladies interested in walking with me for the Race for the Cure 5k in May. This is going to be awesome, not only because we will be together (what could be better!!!) but because we are marching forward for all the sisters of the earth who have battled this disease. Woohoo!
Alright, I want to get together a couple times to walk this out. I want to know what a 5k feels like, and I want you to know too. So here's what I want to know: When is the best time to get together for a little walking? The weather is AMAZING, so lets do it while we can. I will map out a variety of walks (all 3.2 miles) and I plan on going once a week. Any who would like to join me, I would love to have you. Let me know what day and time is best for each of you and I'll try to choose a time that works best for most people. This will be so fun!
2 comments:
Mondays/Thursdays would be great for the morning- just after 9am & Saturdays I could go without the kiddies around 7am(up until we move of course!)
Just an idea: The Southern Highlands Parkway is a really good central location, walking up and back from Smith's to the end is 6 miles...the walkway is very wide and pretty safe with crosswalks to cross at intersections. And lots of space for parking.
We did a 5K last fall for Candlelighters & I was thinking about doing this one, too. My friend who had breast cancer & we shaved our heads together has a team going & I would likely join her team. Do you have a team going yet? If not, I wonder if we could get in on my friend Lisa's team. (??) Let me know what you think!
As for the weekly walks, I'm up for that! Probably not the 6 miles, though. I think I'd have to work up to that. The 5K was tiring. Monday's or Wednesday's work for me.
Post a Comment