Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pleasantly Surprised....


Date night has become essential for Kevin and I, but going out to dinner can be unnerving for someone trying to eat well. There are so many landmines to navigate! Usually I reserve a lot of my extra weekly Points to cushion me on this one night. This week, however, we decided to try out Applebees with their WW meals. I am not the biggest fan of Applebees, and I worried that I would be dissatisfied with the meal and walk away hungry. I ordered the Sirloin Steak with Portabellas. It was SO good!! I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful flavor and how satisfied I was with the steamed potatoes and broccoli. The portion was perfect and for only 7 Points!! It just thrilled me to think I could have a nice dinner out with my honey while still following the plan that keeps me on track. I totally recommend this if you're looking for a good place to eat and stay on track.

2 comments:

Taralee said...

I'm quite impressed with the Applesbee's WW menu. I know someone who's tried the fish and I personally LOVE the shrimp and steak kabobs. They're served with Rice and YUMMY broccoli. The kabobs have a dip too which is really good :) You have to give it a try.

Marilene said...

yay! so great to still have options when out enjoying time together.