Saturday I completed my second of two 5ks over the last two weeks. One was sponsored by WW at our wonderful Town Square, the other put on by our Spring Mountain Stake. During both, my husband took the double stroller and ran with both girls, hair flying. Carter scooted along on his scooter, racing everyone. I walked and ran. It was so liberating. I've been on this new mental kick, where I allow myself to take on day at a time, forget what I did yesterday (as in no pressure) and not worry about tomorrow. I started running and believe me, it was slow, but I had such a good feeling, I just kept going, past my previous boundaries, through my concerns about uphill or downhill and running outside, and right to the finish line. YES, I stopped along the way and walked, YES the final stretch took some effort. But I did it! In under forty minutes. Seriously!
This morning I continued my efforts by jogging my first lap (1.5 miles). It was huge for me. I've never let myself do it before and now I know I can.
Each little victory seems to renew this chant in my head, the words that remind me who I am, how much power I have, and just how real this journey is. I'm making progress... .8 pounds down today! Dory has the best advice...I plan to just keep moving. :)
3 comments:
Way to go! Keep losing it :)
GO SUPERGIRL! I'm so proud of you. What a great day.
Christene, that is amazing!! Keep up the good work, I love Dory's advice too!
ps, it was so wonderful to see you over the weekend! wished we chatted more, if only we sat at the same table!! you look great!
Post a Comment