
You'd think I was talking about pounds lost this week, right? Gotcha! I did lose one pound this week (give me a Woohoo!!). But I am referring to the number of miles I hacked out today on the track. I ran THREE MILES today!! I am still a little giddy with excitement over what I have accomplished in just a few short weeks, something I really never thought I could actually do and still be living, breathing, alive at this moment. My goal from the beginning has been to run a 5k, or 3.1 miles. Today I hit the gym since my sweetie had to leave early and couldn't strike out on the pavement. I ran my standard two that I've been doing lately and decided I would just keep going. And I did it!! No gasping for breath, no heart failure, not even a really difficult finish. I just did it. Wow. This is so amazing! Just had to share the excitement with all my fellow Supergirls!!
4 comments:
you go girl!!!!
That's so awesome!! You go!!! :D
hooray! good job. keep up the hard work!!
Woohoo! That's really exciting. I've been working out and I can't wait until I can run my normal distances. I actually quite enjoy running, but since my last 2 kids, I have some mega shin problems. I ran cross country in High School and had shin splints some, but wow, they act up a lot lately :( I'll have to let you know when I get to my exciting miles!!
Post a Comment