Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pass the Veggies with a side of Caramel Brownie


If you're anything like me, you're surrounded by confections of all kinds right about now and preparing for the onslaught that the next two weeks will bring. Though its hard on the dieting scheme, I love this time of year. I love baking my favorites and putting them into packages for my friends and family. I love the parties where I can sample everyone's best work.
I'm opting out of the stress. I'm going to enjoy the season in moderation. Is that possible, you ask, with trays of goodies being shoved under your nose every few moments? Yes, it is. Not easy persay, but definitely possible. My goal is to keep things in balance, to eat healthy meals with veggies and fruits, to drink plenty of water, to get some exercise and to have a few delicious treats. One perfect option are those adorable Cuties, you know, the tiny oranges that your kids can peel and eat the sweet little juicy segments. I pop one in my purse before I go running errands and it keeps the nibbles at bay.
I've been a bit waylayed with WW. Kevin has a few meetings on my regular WW night, but this week should be his last. I miss going and having that reminder. I'm also considering a change of meeting location. I have a friend who has done so well with WW and everytime I see her, she gives me the positive plugs I need to press forward. What an inspiration!
So if you're still checking in, I'm not MIA, just plugging along, and soon you will see that number going up (pounds lost). In the meantime, Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

To be honest you are the one who motivated me in the first place, so I am glad it could come full circle. You are amazing and I know you can do it!!

Perry Family said...

Great job!! Keep it up...its so hard right now with all the goodies in every corner of the house!! Even more reason to stick to it.