
Each week seems to have it's unique ebb and flow. Some are frenetic, others easy going; but I can guarantee there are few "perfect" weeks for losing weight. We have to be ready for whatever life throws us and it sure has a good arm!
This week was a good one despite numerous stumbling blocks. What made the difference: starting in the moment. Let me explain:
We've all been in that place, teeth encrusted with oreo goo, drips of Frosty on our favorite T-shirt, another piece of Grandma's best Apple pie on our plate fork poised to dive in. We've officially taken a nose dive off the wagon. Many times our indulgences come after a relatively good day or even week. Then the mental chatter begins. "Just have another and start again tomorrow." Ahh, sweet tomorrow. Much better than next week, but still so far away and so much damage to be done between now and then. Oh, and just remember we never know what tomorrow will bring, especially as Superparents with little ones to keep things interesting.
This week I had such an afternoon. I'd grabbed a handful of this and some of that. I started to feel like I'd wasted an entire day of good eating and the mantra, "Well, just start again tomorrow because today is a loss..." started going.
It was then, as I reached for another handful of potato chips that the inspiration came: Forget about the last fifteen minutes, what you did yesterday or last week. START NOW!
It's when we toss the baggage of old defeats and focus on what we can do RIGHT NOW that we can find true success. That light bulb moment helped me switch a negative into a positive in two seconds. It affected the remainder of my week and led me to success.
So give it a try. START NOW!!
No comments:
Post a Comment