Saturday, January 2, 2010

{ Walking Again }

It's been a while since my initial announcement post. Despite my best intentions, nausea made for very poor eating habits. I don't know what it is about feeling miserable that makes you turn to foods of any kind that will comfort you. Maybe old habits. I kept running, though shorter distances, for about the first 6 weeks. But exercise combined with the initial exhaustion of baby growing made it difficult to keep it up. It's only now, after the overabundance of the holidays, that I feel that familiar itch to get outside and get moving. I have no complaints. Every pregnancy is different and in my opinion, you have to go with what works for you.

For the last three days I have been working in a morning walk each day. I only walk about a mile. For some reason, my lower belly starts having sharp pains when I walk. I don't know if it stems from the surgery I had earlier last year or just the general loosening of ligaments and stuff that comes with pregnancy. But I have noticed, with regular exercise, even in just three days, I have less pain each time, and I can go faster. It feels so good to get out into the cool winter air and move my body. I have REALLY missed running and being able to move like I did before. AND putting on the initial weight of having a baby has been a little discouraging. Mentally, I know it's part of the process, but after being so focused on losing for so long, it was hard to make the switch.

I've decided to begin posting again as I work to exercise through the remainder of my pregnancy. I won't be focusing on weight at all, but on being healthy and happy. Any ideas, recipes or thoughts from you, pregnant or not, will be most appreciated. I hope the new year is finding you full of energy to make positive changes.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

you look so cute! I'm so amazed by you :) Thanks for the inspiration to get moving!

Chrissy said...

You look awesome!! Keep it up! Hopefully I will be walking next week=)

EMILY said...

its time for an update christene!!!