Ugh! I was sore for DAYS after my workout, and my weight went up TWO POUNDS! I am so frustrated with this! Now, prepare for venting: Here we go - AAarrgh!!!! I didn't do great with eating at the beginning of the week, but by Wednesday I was right on target, working out, eating healthfully. I made sure every dinner and snack was on target. I even went to a Bridal shower surrounded by yummy food and Nothing Bundt Cakes and RESISTED! I mean, talk about a woman of steel (and thank you Heather for being Steel with me!) but for what? When I weighed in two pounds heavier Saturday morning, I felt like screaming! Why did I resist? What was the reasoning? Was it for nothing?! I just don't get why it has to be so stinking hard when I am putting forth the effort. I'm not perfect at it and this is where I see flaws in my "woe is me" whining. Maybe I resisted Cake, but did I eat as well as I should have? I don't remember. I think I did alright, but maybe I missed something.
Don't give me too much sympathy. I'm only whining because I know I'm not giving up and come heck or high water I am going to get this weight off and keep it off. I don't know what the deal is, but I am definitely going to find some stinkin' way to get to my goal. I mean, I seriously HAVE to do this.
So, all whining aside, I'm going to hit it hard on Monday. I'm going back to writing down everything I eat. I know it's the food that gets me, not the workouts. I can do the workouts, but when it comes to eating healthfully, I'm not as good as I could be. Pooey!
Thanks for allowing this pity party moment. Now we'll return to our regularly scheduled programming:-).....
8 comments:
I know how you feel, things can be discouraging, but good for you, stay positive. I think writing everything you eat will help track success!
Hey, you can whine if you want. It helps sometimes, but you're doing awesome. You're beautiful!
I know that writing EVERYTHING down for me really helps! Even if I am not eating that great!! Keep up the good work. You said it, Slow and steady wins the race!!
Sounds like you have built muscle, especially if you're sore...hang in there!
Okay I know I get hung up on the daily weight thing too. It is so hard to look at the scale day in and day out and think to yourself why am I not looking but in fact gaining. Steph really could be right. It could be muscle or maybe you had a little something that didn't get digested correctly or it really could be anything. Don't fret. Look at the big picture and keep on track. That's what's important.
i am so sorry christene. there is nothing more frustrating than that when youare trying to be so good!
have you gotten the results of the thyroid panel yet?
hey, its Brinley's mom, Tara...I totally understand what you're saying here. I don't know, but maybe for you and I it was the 3rd kid that did it to us. For some reason I got my weight off after my first 2 pretty easy, but that 3rd baby just killed my body and then to add to it all, I couldn't get it off afterwards (and I worked my butt off too). But I mainly wanted to tell you that I honestly can see BIG changes in your body. I'm a person who see's you randomly after school some days and some days not. So when I say I notice, BELIEVE me! I know you can hang in there, but for the time being, just know that you're looking great and you're losing size even if you're not losing "weight". Hard work will pay off somehow!! Keep it up!!! And I for me to have sucess I have to actually write everything down, so I highly agree with you on that! Ok, sorry for the BOOK :)
You make me feel tons better! You are a hugh inspiration to me! I finally got back to working out this week. I missed today but, I figure instead of taking saturday off like I was going to I am going to work out! It helped me remember how much I LOVED TO WORK OUT!
Post a Comment