Monday, August 25, 2008

Going for Gold!


I'm back on track! After weeks of watching Olympians go for the gold, I am ready to follow in their awesome footsteps. I loved the clip of one woman training for marathons. She said, "For me, it's not a sacrifice, it's a choice." I thought of how important our mindset is in this journey to healthy living. This is not about depriving ourselves or "sacrificing" our enjoyment! It's about choosing: Long life, health, quality of life, being able to run, ability to laugh and rejoice. Today I choose to be healthy. And in a Carpe Diem spirit, I started this morning with a great workout, a healthy breakfast and a plan for the week to keep me on track. I hope everyone out there has garnered some spirit from our wonderful Olympians. Let's go for the GOLD!

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

I'm with you!! What an inspiration the olympics are. And with the weather slowly coming down in degrees I woke up at 5:30 this morning and ran three miles! I haven't done that ALL summer! I'm quite sore, but still proud of myself. It's a choice to get up and fun FOR SURE!!! Hope you have a great week!

Marilene said...

yay! it was amazing seeing all of the amazing athletes. truly inspirational and helps me make the good choice!

EMILY said...

keep it up christene! you are awesome!