Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Goliath on aisle three


I am so still in this! Last night I was walking around aggitated and intense. I could feel the determination welling up again, the kind that makes you stand firm in the face of temptation. I started writing my plan, knowing that it was just buzzing around inside waiting to be let out, put down on paper and put to work.
You've probably noticed my apathy over the last couple of weeks. I've been treading water, but not making any progress. It's time to sink or swim, and I plan on swimming! My focus is my eating plan. This has been my Goliath of late. I could exercise for hours and make no progress as long as I am still downing a big bowl of ice cream at the end of the day.
A talk on Sunday helped inspire me. I kept thinking of Goliath and how he was so
big, mean and ugly. He was laughing in the face of an entire nation, taunting and jeering, just asking for it. You know the type. I thought about my weight and how it's been poking me and bugging me for so long. 40 days was how long they let Goliath have his fun. Then David came along: little, young and faithful. He saw that big ugly giant and wanted to know what everyone was cringing about. Without armor or training, he picked up some smooth stones and put them in his sling. With one fling, that bad boy was down and his head was off! I am picking up my stones, the smooth ones that are tried and true. They're loaded in my sling and this is one giant that is going down and staying there. Get ready for an earthquake!

7 comments:

Cyndi said...

Nice. Inspiring. Motivational. Incredible. Thankyou.

Danielle said...

Hang in there Christene, something has got to give sooner or later. I know you will figure it out.

Angie said...

Go, Christene! And awesome gory David and Goliath picture.

Perry Family said...

I think it is one of those things that I will always have to be taking good care of, I've seen it come back too many times for me:) Very good analogy, so true and so going to conquer one day!!

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

I hear ya sis! We can do this!!

Anonymous said...

Don't give up. I often percieve weight loss in hills and valleys. You are awesome!

Kim said...

I am so there with you. Since we have moved I have not been good! I have gained back at least 7 or 8 pounds...ugh!I have got to get my but back in gear! I think my weight is my BIG goliath! Thanks for your continued motivation!

Love You!